Sunday, March 1, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

I figured I'd start this with some context.

I'm going overseas for 6 weeks as of Tuesday the 3rd of March 2009. My first stop is Los Angeles, followed by Cancun in Mexico, Cuzco in Peru, London in the UK, Amman and Petra in Jordan and Cairo and Luxor in Egypt. The idea is that I'm seeing everything I wanted to see when I was 8 years old. The only thing missing is a Tyrannosaurus Rex, but let's face it; 8-year-olds don't really have a firm grasp on reality.

I'll have 6 nights in LA, 4-5 nights in Mexico, 12 nights in Peru, 1 night in London, 4 nights in Jordan and 16 nights in Egypt... That's all approximate because I really can't be arsed working it out.

I'll use this site to keep people updated, should they wish to travel vicariously through me. I'm back on the 20th of April. I promise to not enter everything that happens here because that would leave me with no stories to tell when I get back.

I hope you've all been immunised, because this is one hell of a trip.

Cheers

PS. As a really important addendum, do NOT SMS or Call me on my mobile when I'm gone. You'll incur MASSIVE phone costs, as will I. If you need to get in touch with me, just message me on facebook or leave a comment here. Thanks

1 comment:

MJ Leaver said...

Yay! Vicarious holiday here I come. Glad to see you arrived safely, hope it's total awesomeness.